• Prioritise face to face work with young people to deliver planned youth advocacy programmes and activities (including evenings, weekends and school/bank holiday periods).
• Lead and performance manage, pathway coordinators and youth work apprentices to develop and maintain neighbourhood youth forums and programmes across the 5 neighbourhoods.
• To assist schools and partner youth agencies with the development of unit based youth forums, and for the development of local youth forums to feed into the youth council.
• Take lead operational responsibility in establishing, maintaining and developing effective partnership working with others in Lambeth Children’s Services, Public Health, YOS, Schools, Police in the Borough / 5 Neighbourhoods and other relevant agencies and organisations.
• Advocate and liaise effectively across the range of partnerships to build awareness and ensure partnership objectives are valued and delivered
• Engage with and represent YLC at appropriate cross Borough/neighbourhood partnership meetings.
• Work with partners to co-ordinate and oversee the delivery effective pathway opportunities for young people across the neighbourhoods/Borough.
• Initiate, plan, develop, deliver and evaluate informal education opportunities to develop young people’s personal and social skills which resulting in recorded and accredited outcomes (AQA, DoE) in line with YLC and team targets.
Why work for YLC?
How often can you say that you work for the only organisation of its kind? Well working for the YLC is an opportunity for you to do that – it also gives the chance to develop a set of skills and experiences which we believe are going to be in real demand for public service agencies in coming years.
The YLC is part of The People’s Pension scheme and offers a 6% contribution to staff who wish to join as well as staff benefits through our HR partner.
The YLC has strong a strong commitment to a personal development and we work hard to give people the opportunities to grow within our small team. We also keep a good supply of fresh fruit and biscuits!
For further information please email the address below.
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter via the link below addressing the relevant elements of the Job Description, and no longer than two A-4 pages.
Salary: £33,000.00 - £35,000.00 DOE
Location: Lambeth, London (Greater)
Send completed applications to email@example.com
Closing date is Thursday 27th March 2017
Anyone over 21 who shares the YLC's aims and values
Cooperatives include non-profit community organizations and businesses that are owned and managed by the people who use its services or by the people who work there.
A town council is a democratically elected form of government for small municipalities or civil parishes. A council may serve as both the representative and executive branch.
The current district of Lambeth was part of the large ancient parish of Lambeth St Mary in the Brixton hundred of Surrey.
Anyone between the ages of 11 and 19, or under 25 for those who use services from Lambeth Council because of a disability.