• Support with pathway planning and curated signposting (ensuring that young people attend appointments and activities)
• Co-facilitate workshops with young people working with voluntary and community organisations
• Undertake action planning with young people (working with young people in a goal-oriented way towards overcoming barriers and working towards their aspirations
• Support with referring young people into the project from across the network of providers (over 50 VCS organisations)
• Support integration between projects and services across locality
• Support youth advocacy within the local neighbourhoods by developing and coordinating youth advocacy/ co-production forums in collaboration with the Youth Advocacy Team Leader
• Collate data and prepare written reports on outcomes achieved
• Develop young people’s advocacy and influencing skills
Why work for YLC?
How often can you say that you work for the only organisation of its kind? Well working for the YLC is an opportunity for you to do that – it also gives the chance to develop a set of skills and experiences which we believe are going to be in real demand for public service agencies in coming years.
The YLC is part of The People’s Pension scheme and offers a 6% contribution to staff who wish to join as well as staff benefits through our HR partner.
The YLC has strong a strong commitment to a personal development and we work hard to give people the opportunities to grow within our small team. We also keep a good supply of fresh fruit and biscuits!
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter via the button below addressing the relevant elements of the Job Description, and no longer than two A-4 pages.
Salary: £25,000.00 - £27,000.00 DOE
Location: Lambeth, London (Greater)
Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Thursday 27th March 2017
Anyone over 21 who shares the YLC's aims and values
Cooperatives include non-profit community organizations and businesses that are owned and managed by the people who use its services or by the people who work there.
A town council is a democratically elected form of government for small municipalities or civil parishes. A council may serve as both the representative and executive branch.
The current district of Lambeth was part of the large ancient parish of Lambeth St Mary in the Brixton hundred of Surrey.
Anyone between the ages of 11 and 19, or under 25 for those who use services from Lambeth Council because of a disability.